Taking the Bus

For a while now I've had the idea to get a day pass for the local public transit system and ride around with my camera. I was planning on doing this when it was raining so the bus windows would be covered with rain adding some mystery to the images. My schedule and the weather all lined up one rainy Thursday morning so I headed downtown and planned on taking three trips.

"On the Bus"

I planned ahead of time by getting a bus map online of the different routes around Appleton. The routes I thought would be best would be those that stuck around the downtown area the most. Two different routes I thought I had potential so I headed out on the #9 first. There were not many people riding the bus which was both a blessing and a curse. I was hoping for some framing opportunities of passengers but not much presented itself. Another issue was that unless the bus was stopped it was very difficult to frame and plan composition when I was moving.

                                                           "Bus Doors"                                    "Orange Jacket"

I did manage to get a couple nice images while waiting between rides including "Bus Doors" and "Walking to the Bus". There are a few images that may end up in my next book which I am planning on publishing sometime in 2023. Overall it was a neat experience to get a different perspective on my city. I would like to do another outing sometime this winter. Stay tuned!

                                               "Walking to the Bus"                                "Dog Walker"

Comments