Art at the Park Wrap Up

My second year participating at Appleton's Art at the Park wrapped up this past weekend. The weather was stifling on Saturday with high temps and high humidity which I could tell affected turnout that first day. Traffic was still OK but not as brisk as last year.

Another weather-related impact were the storms that rolled in Saturday night. The show was supposed to run from 9-6 on Saturday but the committee made the wise decision to end at 4:30. By 6:00 high winds and rain were hitting City Park in Appleton. Luckily I had no damage to my display or tent. Some other artists were not so fortunate :(


On Sunday I dried out in the morning with the help of a couple of other photographers I know who were nice enough to help me out over the weekend. The weather was beautiful and turnout was great. I sold many small prints, a couple books, and small framed pieces. Overall I did not fare as well as I did in 2021 and I think the current state of the economy had something to do with that. I had no sales of larger 16x20 framed prints like I did last year. I did see many sales of my "City Scene" print and I wish I had brought more of those!

I now start the process of printing and putting together my display for Green Bay's Art Street at the end of August. I'm looking forward to getting out there again!



Comments