Photographing Classic Cars

I had a very cool opportunity come my way that is a bit of a secret but I thought I'd give a little sneak peek of the project.  I was approached by WVBO radio station to photograph some of the classic cars that will be featured in their annual classic car calendar. 

At first I was a bit hesitant as I've never photographed vehicles before but after thinking about it I figured I could use some of my skills and equipment as an interior photographer to help me out.


I agreed and met with Steve Edwards of the radio station at two different parks in the area to photograph eight different vehicles.  After finding appropriate places within the park the owners parked them and I got to work.  It actually went smoother than I thought--once I had the tripod set I could use my portable studio strobe to light different areas of the vehicle and then brush in that light when editing in Photoshop.


It was actually more fun than I thought and I am hoping it opens up some opportunities for potential jobs in the future.  The calendar is not set to come out until Black Friday so keep your eyes peeled in local places in The Valley.  Best of the all the calendar is free!


Comments