Finalist in Magazine Contest!

I entered a street photography contest a couple months ago and was pleasantly surprised when I received an email saying I was a finalist.  The contest is run by Digital Photo Magazine which runs various contests during and at the end of the year.  This particular one is an end-of-the-year contest called "Street Scene" and photographers can enter up to 2 images.

I figured my best bet was "Follow the Leader" as it exploded on Flickr last year and is incredibly unique.  If you missed by other blog or Youtube vid about the image...see below!



The contest gets thousands upon thousands of images from all over the globe as Digital Photo is quite well known in the photography industry.  There are around 25 images that make the cut in the finals so it's very hard to be a finalist.  I'm not only shocked but quite honored.  The judges will award the top 3 images with prizes on Feb. 28.  All the finalists will receive a nice coffee table book with all the finalists' images in it.  You can take a look at last year's winners HERE.

See my Youtube video HERE and hear the backstory about how this image came about.  I'll let you know next month how it all turns out...wish me luck!

Comments