Contest and Misc News

It feels great to have some warmer weather here...looking forward to getting out with the camera for some street photography!  Some misc news as the year shapes up...

My last blog was about the photo contest by Digital Photo Magazine where I was honored to be among the 26 finalists from around the globe.  The top 3 were announced about a month ago...see them HERE.  No luck getting in the top 3 for my photo, but I knew the competition was fierce and I would have hated to be judge having to decide.  Still an honor though and all the finalists will receive a coffee table book with all the finalists' images in them...really looking forward to getting that!

In other news...I have been hitting the streets a little more and have been doing some different stuff.  I picked up a couple books by a street photographer I really admire named Saul Leiter and it's really inspired my work (I'll blog about him down the road I'm sure).

The other exciting news is that a few outdoor art shows are popping up for the summer and I've take the plunge on a big one...I'll let you know soon if the jury accepts me!  If they do I hope to see you there...


Comments