COVID Effects

I can safely say 2020 was a disaster year for art shows in the area thanks to COVID. Every art show I normally attend was cancelled and I was hoping 2021 would bring life back to normal. Unfortunately this is not the case.

The good news is that many outdoor art shows were held...I managed to do Art at the Park here in Appleton for the first time and also attended two farmer's markets as well on College Av. I was scheduled to sell my art at Octoberfest at the end of September but a lack of vendors and volunteers shut the event down for the second year in a row.

The second indoor art show to cancel was an artisan faire held by the Appleton North booster club. The show draws big crowds but is held inside a high school and concerns about thousands of unknowns in the school forced the booster club to put the ax on the show.

I did apply to an indoor show right before Thanksgiving in Green Bay at a local hotel and am anxiously waiting as the weeks go by to find out if that one will cancel. The good news is the art world is opening back up but it's clear COVID is still having an effect...hoping 2022 gets everything back on track!



Comments