Artigras Wrap Up

My first big show in 2022 was Artigras in Green Bay which ran the first weekend in March. It's a large indoor show that runs two days at the Resch Center next to Lambeau Field. Mosiac Arts runs the show and they always do a great job with publicity and marketing. In fact, I was even featured in an article about the show in Green Bay City Pages (see HERE).

 I was excited to finally do a big show but nervous because the entry fee is a bit steep to get a booth. The show does charge an entry fee for attendees so I figured people who were serious about buying art would be there. Day one was a raving success! Two of my most popular images "City Scene" (above) and "Bike" (below) drew lots of attention and ended up selling as large framed prints, as did a third image. I actually had to stop at Hobby Lobby as I headed out of town to get a couple frames for day two.

Day two saw the complete opposite of day one. The turnout was far less and I had miserable sales. I've done several two-day shows in the past and I've never seen anything like this where one day was wildly successful and the next day almost nothing. Overall though the show was extremely well done with live music, crafts for kids, food vendors and a professional setup at the Resch. I even ended up buying a small print from a mixed media artist and I did a professional trade with a painter where I traded a copy of my book for one of his small matted painting prints. I will definitely be back for 2023!



Comments