Green Bay's Artstreet

My first venture at Green Bay's established art show Artstreet was a mix of good and bad. Friday was not only a setup day but artists had the option to open up from 3-7 which I gladly took advantage of. I had a very good night, ending with the sale of a large framed print of "Restaurant" (see first image below).

Saturday started great with tons of foot traffic...reminded me very much of Art in the Park  in Appleton. Sales were slow but steady...then the rain came. The rain was not supposed to hit GB but ended up soaking the entire afternoon. Zero sales in the rain. My canopy is not 100% water proof so I had to put most of my art away (I have problem solved the leakage)!

Sunday was supposed to rain all afternoon but luckily the rain held off until about noon. Up to that point sales were slow. Even though the rain lasted only 40 minutes or so it had a big impact for a couple hours as it definitely slowed traffic. My morale by 2:00 was low but I had some people stop by to look when all of sudden a couple of the organizers of the show arrived with a large orange ribbon...I had won an "Award of Excellence" for my framed print of "Follow the Leader". I was even more thrilled to learn the ribbon came with a $300 check! Suddenly my mood changed!


Sales also picked up a bit and I ended the day way better than Saturday but not quite as good as Friday night. Overall it was a very good show and I liked the venue at the park in Ashwaubenon. Despite the up and down weather (which made my mood go up and down) I most likely will be returning next year. The turnout was fantastic and that's all I can ask for. 

Next post will be coming soon about my new book "Perspectives Volume Two". Stay tuned...



Comments