Octoberfest Success

After a two-year absence Appleton's Octoberfest returned and it was something I definitely wanted to be a part of. I knew going in that it was not an art show and a lot of the vendors would be more on the crafty side. I'm not a big fan of doing shows that have lots of crafts and less art but I knew one thing about Octoberfest...the sheer volume of people could really help. Estimates are always north of 100,000 people for that one Saturday in September.


I had low expectations going in that were quickly exceeded...I had the best single day I've ever had! I sold 8 copies of my popular "City Scene" including a large framed print. Two other large framed prints sold and many smaller prints as well. The only disappointment was that no copies of my book sold but I know those are not something people usually buy. 


As usual I met lots of great people and saw some familiar faces which is always nice. Also, I added six new people to my email list so I gained some new fans which is great too. In hindsight I realized that an Octoberfest crowd is really my audience...street and city people! I can't wait for next year!

Comments